Monday, September 17, 2007

Baseball - A Game Like Cricket?


All my life I have been a big fan of cricket. There was a time when I never used to miss even a single match of cricket.


More than just watching the cricket, I have felt the cricket running in my veins. I feel that more than everything a have worshiped this game from the core of my heart.


Cricket is not so much complicated game as others are. You just need a small introduction what it is and you start to know it. If you know baseball, it is going to be even easier for you.


The answer to the question that two games are similar or not, can be a yes and no as well. Yes, as it has some concepts similar to the cricket but the two games are entirely different.


The rules of the cricket are much simpler than the baseball rules. If you understand both the games, you can very well compare that cricket is not that much complex.


So you know baseball. Lett us understand what the things that are conceptually similar are. The concepts of scoring the runs are same. The concept of batting and running are also same.


Unlike baseball, runs are easy to score in cricket. A batsman can be out in cricket easily. In cricket, there is no penalty if you miss a ball. Unlike baseball, batsmen are always free to run.


In cricket, the bowlers are free to throw the ball of the line and length they choose. So there are basically numerous differences between baseball and cricket but in my view cricket is much simpler than baseball.


No comments: